If you are vapers with cloud and flavor chasers, you have to know how to take care and maintain the device. Among the regular procedures is cleaning vape coils to ensure its performance. But how to do it the right way?
Coils are the main spot for vape juice residue to evaporate and affect the flavor of your cloud. When it happens, you’ll end up tasting burned mixed flavors that make your vaping habit less satisfying, which calls dry hit. Check this article out to learn how to clean your vape coils.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Vape Coils ?
- 2 The Simple Rinse
- 3 How to Clean Vape Coils with Vinegar
- 4 How to Clean Vape Coils with Alcohol
- 5 How to Clean Vape Coils with Vodka
- 6 Cleaning Vape Coils with Hydrogen Peroxide
- 7 Cleaning Vape coils with Acetone
- 8 Cleaning Vape coils with Lemon Juice
- 9 When is the Time Change Vape Coil?
What is Vape Coils ?
Coils, also known as an atomizer heat conductor, are an essential part of a vaping device. The coil is housed in a vape tank or regular atomizer, and it contains a thin wire and other material. This is the part that creates vapor.
When the coil works, it converts energy to heat. You can notice that the coils are sometimes glowing red when you press the button. The heat then vaporizes the liquid, which comes from the wicking material.
The Simple Rinse
Among other cleaning methods, rinsing is the simplest procedure to bring back the coils to its optimal performance. You don’t need to prepare a lot of equipment or tools as it works well only with hot water. Even beginners can easily tackle this cleaning project.
To simply rinse the coils, follow the instructions below:
- Take out your cotton then remove your coil from an atomizer.
- Put the coil under hot running water while you can brush it with a toothbrush. It helps remove debris and leftover from each side of the coil.
- Shake out to remove water between coil wraps.
- Put your coil on a paper towel and let air dry.
It’s necessary to completely dry the coil after rinsing as excess water will damage the vaping device.
How to Clean Vape Coils with Vinegar
Vinegar is a powerful cleaning agent to keep your coil clean and gunk-free. The highly acidic liquid can help remove debris, residue, and unwanted materials. Not to mention it prevents the smell from the coil.
Cleaning vape coils with vinegar is as easy as cleaning with water. Simply follow the procedure below:
- Pour vinegar in a small bowl.
- Put the coil inside the bowl and soak for a few hours.
- Put under running water.
- Blow air to the coil to remove water from the holes.
- Let air dry and put back to its place.
This method works well for replaceable coils. But you can’t expect too high as it requires replacement despite its new look.
How to Clean Vape Coils with Alcohol
Alcohol or ethanol works great to clean your vape coils. If you can only find alcohol at home, it’s more than enough for the cleaning project. But as mentioned before, it won’t revive your replaceable coil as it should be replaced regularly.
Like other methods, you only need to follow the soak and rinse method. Here’s the ways how you can clean vape coils with alcohol:
- Pour a cup of alcohol or ethanol in a small bowl.
- Soak the replaceable coil and wait for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse with water and shake to remove water.
- Place the coil on a paper towel and let air dry.
To help dry the coil, you can blow air on the open side. Placing under direct sunlight or using a heater will speed up the drying process.
How to Clean Vape Coils with Vodka
Vodka to clean vape coils? Yes, why not? Cheap vodka is useful to prolong your coils’ life, so you don’t need to replace it frequently.
Cleaning coils with vodka won’t give you a headache. Just like using vinegar and alcohol, you only need to follow the old method of soak and rinse. The following instructions should make your coil look much better:
- Soak your coil in vodka and leave for a couple of hours.
- Rinse with running water.
- Pour distilled water to rinse.
- Dry the coils with heater or place on an absorbent material such as a paper-towel.
After the cleaning process, you’ll notice that the coil looks like new. After completely dry, put back the coil to its place and enjoy your vape.
Cleaning Vape Coils with Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is another cleaning material that will make your vape coil look much better. This product is considered safe and powerful to remove gunk and unwanted particles. When using hydrogen peroxide, make sure not to mix with other cleaning solutions.
Here’s an easy cleaning method that works great for your vape coil:
- Take out the coils, rinse with running hot water.
- Let the coil dry completely and red heat.
- While the atomizer is still running, drip hydrogen peroxide as close as possible. You can use a plastic pipette.
- Drip for around 10 times and turn off the power.
- Use hot water to rinse and let air dry.
Your vape coil looks good and is ready to use. When cleaning with hydrogen peroxide, make sure to use hand gloves as the peroxide will leave a white patch on your skin.
Cleaning Vape coils with Acetone
Your replaceable coils can be cleaned with acetone which is commonly used to clean nail polish. This girl’s thing is powerful to make the coil look better. Simply follow the procedures below:
- Soak the coil in acetone solution and let for a few minutes.
- Put under running water. If you find stubborn gunk, scrub gently with a toothbrush.
- Pour distilled water to rinse.
Be careful when using acetone as it’s highly flammable. Acetone isn’t recommended for plastic parts.
Cleaning Vape coils with Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural material that can be used to clean vape coils. The acidic juice can help remove stains and debris from the coil, giving you a better appearance. Here’s an easy guide to clean with lemon juice:
- Squeeze half of lemon until you get the juice.
- Soak the coil in the juice and rinse with hot running water.
- Let dry completely before used.
When is the Time Change Vape Coil?
Most vape coils need to be replaced somewhere between 1 and 5 weeks. Some people choose to change the coils every 2 weeks, but it really depends on your frequency of using the vape. Whenever you notice taste changes of your vapor, it signs that the coil needs a replacement.
In a nutshell, a vape coil is a crucial part of your vaping device. Cleaning vape coils helps to extend its life and gives the best taste when vaping.